My Photo
Name:
Location: houston, tx, United States

Sunday, May 01, 2005

A Rather Relaxing Weekend

I woke up at 10:30 to my alarm clock ringing. Hmm… that’s a first for a while. I had gone to bed last night around 3am after working in studio and talking online for the night. I got up and showered and got dressed and headed downstairs to studio to find Kim and Andrew already there for the day. So at around 11:30am I began working. I started tracing and redrawing and finalizing and etc for the next few hours till around 2-ish when the group decided wed accomplished quite a bit. So the three of us decided to go to Garden Underground for lunch and ran into quite a few people there. It’s very quickly become quite the hangout because the weather here as been just amazing the last week and a half. Anyway we ate and then Kim and I wondered over to a market that had taken over the main street in Castiglion Fiorentino overnight and perused through all of the little stands. I’ve decided that the shoes I brought over here are now ragged and to rectify this situation I am going to buy myself a pair of stylish euro-trash shoes before I come home. So I looked for shoes, and she looked for presents I think and then after id given up I decided to head back to the center and the studio. So I enjoyed a beautiful sunny walk back the long way (which is rather scenic and goes back past the Garden Underground) and made my way back to Santa Chiara. Once I got here I checked my mail quickly before getting back to work. Now this project we are working on is a drawing, and well… my group partners are admittedly not the greatest drawers on the planet, and since I trust myself quite a bit and had already been doing some rather nice drawings in my opinion I kind of persuaded them to just let me do things and it’s all worked out fine so far. ‘We’ started tracing onto the really nice paper after lunch and then took a short break before ‘we’ dived into the inking process and after some actual constructive discussion we decided on the best course of action for style and whatnot. Right about dinner time ‘we’ had finished inking the essential parts of the drawing and it looks pretty good in my opinion. I’m actually quite pleased with things right now and today has actually been quite leisurely and pleasant. We took a break after inking and before we started the hardest part of color and went to dinner and well… as the semester has progressed the dinner staff has started taking longer and longer time gaps between courses and once I had my ¾ plate of pasta and waited for 15 minutes my hunger was most sufficiently sated and I retired to the lab. I’ve now been writing this entry for the last 15-20 minutes and now I’m pretty much finished, lol. So once everyone else finished their dinner I am borrowing some markers from different people so that we have the colors we decided we needed and then I think ‘we’re’ going to go ahead and get started putting color on this thing. I say ‘we’re’ at this point because I’m sure I will have a major role in how the coloring is handled, but I think the other two are more than ready to get their hands in on this project now after watching me draw all day and I may have to relinquish some of my power… Ah, well, such is life. So anyway, I don’t actually think it’s going to take us all that long to finish this up, maybe a few hours, and then we should be pretty much finished with studio. I’m thinking about photographing the model I made for the last phase because I’m quite pleased with how it turned out, and I may even try to pack it up to bring home somehow. Also I still have some adjustments I think I’ll make to the drawings that I did for the model and the previous phase, so I might work on those things tonight before bed. Other than that I believe I am pretty much finished for the semester. All I have left to do now is pack and do some more shoe shopping and I think I should have a relatively relaxing final 5 days here. Well I hope you all have had a marvelous weekend, as I know I have, and hopefully a stellar week to look forward to. I love and miss you all and I can’t wait to see you soon! Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home