My Photo
Name:
Location: houston, tx, United States

Saturday, April 30, 2005

The Longest Day Yet

I did end up working in studio Wednesday night for quite some time. And after talking to Marcel shortly I was feeling much better about my project and the direction I was headed in and decided to just get to it and start the project. I started some drawings but around 1am I decided to go to sleep for the night and start the exhausting studio work the next day.

28April2005 – Thursday

Thursday I got up at 7:30am and decided to get online for a few minutes before starting my exhausting studio work. Around 8-8:30ish I went to studio and began the longest day I’ve had here yet. I started working on drawings and after about an hour I decided to go on to the model and resolve more of the issues and details in 3d space and then fix the drawings from there. Before I knew it, the time had ticked away and it was 11am and almost time for Paolo’s class. I knew right away that I still had much too much work to do to spend time in a lecture so I quickly asked Paolo for permission to not attend his lecture that day and he gave it. So back to studio I went, and I worked through lunch, all the way up until dinner, and then after a 30 minute dinner continuously until about 3am when I could no longer see really and decided to take a short nap and hopefully lose the fuzziness from my sight.

_______________________________

29April2005 - Friday

At 7am my alarm woke me from my slumbering and grumpily I got out of bed, showered, and made it down to studio at about 7:45am and decided it was best to eat something so as not to die from starvation knowing that I wouldn’t be making it to lunch. About 8:15-8:30ish I started working on my project again and did so through lunch as I knew I would and finally finished my model at about 3:30pm. We were scheduled to be reviewed by the Profs at 4:30pm so I quickly started to retrace my drawings and finish all of the details I had finally worked out through building the model. Well the Profs had scheduled us so that each group was to have 20 minutes and then move on, but as we all knew it would, it ended up taking each group between 45 minutes and an hour and I had time to retrace and clean up the 3 drawings that I had by 6pm when we were finally up for our turn. We ended up talking to the Profs for about an hour and I’m still not exactly sure how my review went. They had good things to say at first but as the time they talked to me progressed the comments only got to be more bad and criticizing and they just kept talking longer and longer. Anyway once we were finished it was pretty much time for dinner and I was glad the dadgum project was finally over - well that phase at least. Dinner was good because I was pretty hungry and after dinner I got online for a while before going to my room and watching Win A Date With Tad Hamilton on my laptop. After the movie I was more awake than I should have been after only 3 hours of sleep for the last 40 or so hours, but none the less it was midnight and I was awake so I decided to use one of my handy dandy phone cards and call home. I talked to Kimberly a little and then my mom for about half an hour and then after I got off the phone I went back to my room. I think I finally ended up falling asleep somewhere between 1:30am and 2am.
_______________________________
30April2005 – Saturday

I slept until about 11:30am and then got up to use the restroom and upon deciding that I didn’t feel quite finished, I got back in bed and slept till around1:30. I got up and got showered and then went to see what everyone was up to for the day. I found a lot of people down in the courtyard sunning and relaxing so I went back to my room and changed into my shorts and went down to join them. I actually took my shirt off and sat in the sun watching some guys play spades and talking and laughing for at least a good hour before Gilbert and I went up to the Garden Underground to grab some lunch. The Garden Underground is this new place that opened up last week and was supposed to be pretty good so we gave it a try and it actually was pretty good. It’s in the main park of Castiglion and has a nice view of the park and right off the side of the mountain. After we finished eating we just sat and talked for a little while until I saw some girls heading to the gelato place around the corner and decided to follow them. I got some gelato and had a nice chat with them before walking back down to the center with Lauren and back to studio. I got to studio in perfect time to find Andrew and Kim just starting to work for the day on the next phase of our project that’s due Monday and it was about 4:30pm at the time. Well we argued and worked and I fixed some aspects of my model that the Profs suggested I change and we finished all of that at about 7pm. We decided at that point to take a break until after dinner and then meet again to finish arguing and fixing our master plan so that tomorrow we could start working on it and hopefully finish it tomorrow night. Now its 7:30pm and time for dinner so I suppose I’ll go eat and then head back to studio for yet another night of torture. I do plan on going to bed at a reasonable time and then, well, tomorrow I’m sure I’ll work all day long. So here’s to studio! ::Sigh::...
I hope you all are having a good weekend and will continue to have a good one. 7 days and counting... Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home