My Photo
Name:
Location: houston, tx, United States

Thursday, April 21, 2005

...Softly Call The Muster...

20April2005 – Wednesday

Wednesday I was supposed to go on a scheduled field trip as you will see clearly on my calendar of important events. Instead, I did not. We had the field trip to Ravenna on Monday and to be quite honest I just didn’t feel like going on another one. Usually we have to write a paper for every field trip that we go on, but because of the Ravenna trip we had the option of writing on either place. So I’ll just write on Ravenna and not worry about it. Wednesday was a pretty blah day actually. I got up and got online and journaled about Tuesday, that didn’t really take too long though. After I got off line I ended up going to lunch with about 4 other people that hadn’t gone on the field trip either. After lunch I went up to my room and watched Thirteen Days on my laptop, and after that was over I took a nap until pretty close to dinner time. I was still pretty full from lunch when it was time for dinner so after a small portion of pasta I had had more than enough and retired to the lab for the evening. I pretty much just looked at course stuff for a few hours and checked a number of different things online that popped into my head until it was time for me to register – about 12:30am here. Well, I went ahead and registered and had all kinds of problems with the website and my classes, etc, etc. I finally ended up with a studio that wasn’t at the time I wanted, and 2 of the classes I did need, so overall I guess I’ll be fine. I’m supposed to get a job year around from now on, but my studio is now right in the middle of the day for 4-6 hours Monday, Wednesday, and Friday… lovely. Also I only registered for 12 hours because I couldn’t find another class anywhere that didn’t have a time conflict thanks to that lovely studio and because of the new tuition policy every student will be charged for a minimum of 15 hours no matter how many they take, so I was trying to get my moneys worth. In the end I went to bed fairly unsatisfied with the whole situation around 1:30am.
__________________________________________________

21April2005 – Thursday

I woke up around 9:30am denying my alarm clock the joy of waking me up at its scheduled 10:30am. Showered, dressed, and decided to go check my mail for a bit. After I was finished I bummed around till class time and then went to class. For the duration of class I tried to figure out my schedule situation and racked my brain for an answer to my problem. After class I went to lunch and then after lunch I went to the lab to check on a few classes. Yeah, still no ideas, nothing will fit still… After I was thoroughly disappointed by my schedule situation I went upstairs to nap until studio time. Again I woke up early denying my alarm clock its joy and went to studio early. I met with my group (well only Kim was there, so it was just the two of us) and we “discussed” what we were going to show the Profs for the day. Class started and we all got a pretty intense lecture and well, things aren’t looking good for the next week and a half. We have 3 deadlines and a lot of work between them and all before May 1st. I’m extremely thrilled, I assure you. Well after a while Marcel ended up talking to us for about an hour and it was probably the most productive and informative discussion I’ve had in studio all semester. After that Kim and I worked for the remainder of the class and then all the way up until dinner. Then I went to dinner and ate a little too much, but eh, who cares. After dinner I felt motivated to do absolutely nothing so I bummed around for an hour and a half till 10:00pm. At ten most of the Aggies still at the center all went to Regiro’s to Muster. For those of you that aren’t aware, April 21st is Muster which is pretty much the biggest tradition we have. To sum it up, Aggies all over the world meet to fellowship and remember those Aggies that died in the past year. We had some laughs tonight, told stories, read a poem that’s kind of traditional, and sang the Spirit Song. Even though we are 6000 miles away it’s kind of cool to see that the Aggie Spirit is thriving. Anyway, I just got back and decided to journal for the night and I’m thinking I might call it an early one. I have to meet with Paolo tomorrow morning (everyone in the class does actually at scheduled times) and then I have a very long weekend ahead of studio work and not a much fun it seems. My trip to Capri has officially been canceled due to studio, so next weekend is going to be pretty similar it seems. Anyway, that’s all I have for tonight, this night of rich Aggie Spirit and Tradition.
…Softly Call The Muster…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home