My Photo
Name:
Location: houston, tx, United States

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Arrivederci Italia

04May2005 – Wednesday

I woke up when I woke up and got showered and dressed. I believe it was around 11:30am because I was thinking about lunch. Well, after I got dressed I discovered that since it was Wednesday we weren’t having lunch as we are usually on a field trip on Wednesdays. So instead I managed to find a small group of people heading out to the Garden Underground and tagged along behind them probably somewhere around 3 to 3 and a half hours later I’d eaten and had some rather interesting conversation as well as a lot of relaxation and enjoyment. When I returned I packed some more and pretty much finished all of my packing except for the clothes I was wearing at the time and the toiletries I needed for the following day. After the packing I more or less just lounged around on my bed listening to music on my laptop (man my speakers have a kick!) and napping on and off until dinner time. At dinner time I went and ate for a bit and then after dinner I ended up in the lab chatting away the night. I think I went to sleep somewhere around 4:30am.

___________________________________

05/05/05 – Thursday

I got out of bed around noon and showered and dressed in time to make it to lunch. It wasn’t really the most appetizing lunch we’ve had (no surprise there) and then afterwards I went upstairs to my room. For the next few hours I cleaned everything up and finished packing and did a lot of things on my laptop in my room as far as pictures, music, etc. went. At about 5pm I got checked out by Deb and got my deposit back (Whoop for cash!) and then afterwards I ran into Melanie (the T.A. for anyone just joining us) who was ravishing in her newly styled hair. We were going to go to the Garden Underground together and hang out but as soon as we walked outside she feared rain and messing up her new do, so we decided to watch a movie instead. She wanted to watch Fight Club so we got it from my room and headed downstairs only to find that they were about to start another movie, Rushmore. Neither of us had seen Rushmore so we just sat down and watched that instead and I must say I enjoyed it. Was directed by the same guy as The Royal Tenenbaums and had very much the same humor. After the movie I went upstairs to put Fight Club up and decided to go ahead and drag my mammoth suitcase down stairs as well. Soon after it was dinner time and so I went to eat my last meal here at Santa Chiara (tear). It was pretty tasty and I had a good time and then after dinner I came up here to write my final entry while in Italy. And so, here it is. The last entry I shall write while still in Italy and I have to say, I can’t quite decide how I feel about it. Either way after I finish journaling I may chat for a little while before joining everyone at The Velvet for a little conclusion celebrating and then by 1am I should be on the bus and getting on my way to Rome. We should arrive in Rome somewhere between 4:30 and 5:30am and then our flight leaves Rome destined for France and the Charles De Gaul Airport at 7:20am. We have a short layover in France before boarding our long flight home and then I should arrive in Houston Bush Intercontinental airport sometime very near 1:50pm Friday the 6th of May, 2005. And thus, my adventure shall conclude. I’m not exactly sure when I’ll be able to do so, but I do plan on journaling again when I am home and settled in and give the details of my flight back as well as some closing thoughts. As for this journal, well a lot of people when they finish with them tend to delete them completely as if they never existed, but I see no need for such a course of action. This isn’t costing me anything and as far as I’m concerned this journal can live here in cyberspace for as long as it is allowed. So if you’re only just now discovering my ventures, fear not, for they shall remain until removed by force. Well, that is really all I have to say at this point. Thank you all for the e-mails, comments, and messages and I will see you shortly I’m sure. I love you all and miss you. Ciao Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home