My Photo
Name:
Location: houston, tx, United States

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Still Sick, Still Sleeping... So Far...

Ah, this is unusual, a journal entry in the middle of the week?

04April2005 - Monday

9 hours! Ha Ha! Yes that is correct; I slept an entire 9 hours! I went to bed at 2am and woke up at 11am. After waking I lazily did nothing really before lunch then went and had lunch, then took a half hour nap before getting dressed and showered, etc. After this we had presentations for the project we’ve been working for about a month, well only actually working for about 2 weeks. Anyway we had presentations and I felt that they went pretty well. After that I got on line for a little while and chitchatted before dinner. Then dinner came along and I started feeling a little better for the day and after dinner I we had a meeting with studio to determine the winner of the little competition that our presentations were to determine. Well my group won the competition in a round about way, so obviously we did do pretty well with the presentation and the project in general - at least some aspects of it anyway. After the meeting I spent the rest of the night curled up in one of the big chairs here in the lab talking to JereBeth before heading to sleep around 12:30am here.

_______________________________________________


05April2005 – Tuesday

Well… Not quite 9 hours this time around… I believe I woke up around 6am completely awake after some rather strange dreams. I actually felt pretty good this morning. I felt refreshed from my short sleep, I felt like I slept pretty well, and I was feeling relatively un-sickly. Seeing that it was still relatively early back in The States (in college student time that is) I decided to venture downstairs to talk to JereBeth for a few hours before she retired for the night. Once she went to sleep I wrote her a short e-mail and then went upstairs. I wasn’t feeling well anymore really, actually I was feeling much worse, so my optimism for the day quickly faded. I went straight to work writing my paper that was due at 11:15am in my first class of the day and was quite impressed with myself when I wrote a 2 page paper (that’s one page front and back handwritten) feeling extremely cruddy the entire time and completely unmotivated. So after I finished it was almost class time and I went down and turned my paper in – that’s right, on time and before class! Well during class I started feeling much worse. My stomach was in knots and I felt like I would vomit at any given second. So when class finally ended I was quite relieved to retire to my room and bed. Feeling the way I felt at that time in no way invited lunch only a short 15 minutes away, so I decided to give a nap a try before my next class. So I set my alarm and drifted off to sleep slowly. After an hour some loud machinery outside my window woke me up and I was surprised at how well id slept for that hour, I turned over and went back to sleep though as I still had another hour and it was quite obvious in those waking moments that I was not well yet at all. An hour later my alarm went off and I did not want to get up. But it’s very hard for me to skip a class and I only have 4 left in my stone carving class as it is, so I decided to make an effort to attend, I go dressed and made the hike down the hill to class and tried to work on things, although it was very hard to concentrate. After a few hours I was exhausted from a combination of still feeling sick as all get out and the effort that goes into chipping away at stone, so when Jon decided he was going back it was music to me ears and I quickly joined his side. We had a nice discussion about fuel, technology, and the beautiful day on the hike back up and the warm sun had improved my mood drastically, however I still feel awful. I decided to go ahead an update my journal because for some odd reason I felt inspired to do so, and also found myself with a few hours of free time and nothing to do, so that is where I currently am. After I finish this entry I don’t have any plans for the remainder of the evening at all. Dinner is later, but I’m not sure how I’ll be feeling about food when it rolls around so I’m not sure if I’ll be in attendance. Honestly I’d like nothing more than to take my mind off how I feel for the rest of the night, so there is a possibility I might occupy my visual senses with some movie going. There’s usually one about every night nowadays and id really like to borrow Gladiator from one of the guys here and watch it in the near future so I may end up doing both of those before the night is over. Those are really the only ideas I have, but I have to be at the bus at 8:30am tomorrow morning for our field trip to Pienza (have no clue where that is) so I may try and turn in early as well. I don’t know why, but I don’t foresee my stomach feeling any better anytime in the near future, so I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be a rather miserable day. Well feel free to e-mail me if you like or post any comments you’d like and we’ll see if I’m in the mood to update tomorrow as well. I love and miss everyone back home and would like to just say hello to my new readers for the fun of it. Brother Dave, I missed you and I am glad you are back in The States! =)

Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home