My Photo
Name:
Location: houston, tx, United States

Monday, January 31, 2005

Interesting Day

Today has been an interesting day. As I said in my last post this morning, I only slept for about 4 hours last night, and then I got online and updated my blog this morning. After that I did go and take a shower and had my first breakfast at the center. It consisted of rock hard bread and jam. But it was pretty good. After breakfast I went with Wesley (the roommate) and a guy named Jason (but not the one from Arrezo) and we went to a pastry shop where I regret to say I had more breakfast, lol, and then we made our way down the main street to Cellular Planet. When we arrived we found the store not open… so Wes went into the pizzeria across the street and asked what time they were open, if they knew, where the girl that worked there proceeded to call the owner of Cellular Planet, lol. He said he’d be down in 15 minutes so we looked into a few shops to kill time until he arrived. But when he did… ahha! Yes, that is right; I now have a working cellular device! I have to check with my roommates though to make sure of exactly how you should go about calling me (they are veterans now) but as soon as I make sure I have all of the numbers and codes and what not correct ill e-mail my number to you guys.
After we got that taken care of we went back to the center and got ready for our historical tour of Castiglion Fiorentino with Paolo. We left at about 10:30 for that and the first place we went was the church right next door. Heh. Well it was absolutely gorgeous, and none of us would have guessed just from looking at it from the outside how huge it actually was! It was beautiful though and I took lots of pictures on this trip for you all. Just a side note though, it as still very cold outside today but that was nothing compared to inside the church, it was freezing! Next we went up to the loggia that is right next to the Palazzo De Municipio (which would be the municipal palazzo in English and is the main one of the city) after that we went across the street to the City Hall and then up the hill to the an archaeological site where we took a photo op and the City Library. Which was actually pretty cool, because there were two rooms we went in with hundreds of books that were extremely old. So old in fact that they were all falling apart and in browned and they actually have people whose job is to watch them and make sure that nothing happens to them at all. After we left the library we ran into the local newspaper photographer who made us all get together for a photo that is going to be in the local paper.
Then it was back to the center for lunch which was fish and was extremely good, and then after lunch we had a meeting on Italian customs. It was very interesting and we even learned why the Cellular Planet was closed this morning. After that lecture all of us in the architecture program had our first studio and boy was it um… interesting. We first found out there were not enough desks for all of us, then we listened to the professors’ introductions (that’ correct, we have two) and then we all introduced ourselves to the professors. Then they decided to drop a nice little bomb on us and told us about what they had cooked up for as far as projects go and let me tell you, I am not exactly thrilled.
We have a project due this Friday. We got the assignment today (Monday). We have an entire day trip to Florence on Wednesday. The assignment requires one plan, one section, and one axonometric, all to scale of course… and then on top of that one model that’s also to scale! Yes, that is 4 pieces in 3 days! That means I need to start on finals today?! I’m very unhappy, but I’m going to get started tomorrow along with everyone else I think. I’m too stressed about it to start today. But along with that we have 3 other projects before the end of the semester, so needled to say I believe our vacation is over…
After studio was over and I was successfully depressed I answered an e-mail and then headed to my room for a nap. (Much needed I might add after the 4 hour night) I woke up in time for dinner, which was slightly disappointing… pork, french-fries?, and a delicious pasta (the best part). After dinner I came here to blog (which is where we are currently) and talk to JB when she gets back from class and I expect to do nothing but contemplate this project and go to sleep.

Well Ciao for now I guess, I miss and love you all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home