My Photo
Name:
Location: houston, tx, United States

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Cold...

20Feb2005 - Sunday

After I finished journaling, I ended up organizing pictures. Well I was really getting fed up with webshots and having to change out my pictures so I decided to do a little research on website that do pictures and one of the only other ones I really knew of was Yahoo! Photo so I decided to see what they offered. Well I couldn't really find it anywhere and decided to just sign up for it and find out and if I didn't like it I didn't necessarily have to use it. Well I ended up finding out that with yahoo I had unlimited free picture storage so decided to work with that instead and deleted my webshots stuff. For the next three to four hours I uploaded and played with all of my pictures on Yahoo!, which is actually very user friendly. I also talked to JereBeth for a while and ended up going to bed around 1ish.

_________________________________________________

21Feb2005 - Monday

I slept in as late as I could, because to be honest I don't have class till 3 and had nothing else to do. I ended up getting up at about 11:30 and took a nice long shower before lunch. We ate lunch and then I took a really short nap before class at 3. After class it was time for dinner and all we really talked about was our project coming up. We were supposed to take a short field trip out to the site, but it was raining pretty hard and pretty cold out so we postponed it till Thursday when we had studio again. We also had a little hour long lecture about the history of architecture in Italy from 300bc to about 1200ad. Well after class it was time for dinner so I went and ate dinner. After dinner was a lecture that our professor, Peter, as giving over some of his recent projects so I attended that. Well it was interesting but I don't really no how to describe it or what to think of it. it was more on societal issues than architecture and well... I'm a little bemused about the whole thing. After the lecture was our Monday night movie which was going to be La Dolce Vida which is a pretty famous Italian movie. I heard it won a few oscars and what not. Well about 45 minutes into it I was pretty bored and couldn't handle much more, so I decided to go and talk to JereBeth for the night and then head to bed. I don't remember what time exactly I went to bed, but I think it was pretty late, around 2ish.

_________________________________________________

22Feb2005 - Tuesday

Well I had to get up for class at 11:15, but I also had a paper due that I hadn't written yet, so I got up at 9:30 to go write it. Well before I could I found an envelope on my desk with my name on it , and had talked to Melanie the TA at dinner the night before, so I knew exactly what they were. The envelope contained the grades for the first two projects we had in studio, so I pulled out my pocket knife and cut it open. After I opened the envelope, the paper writing was out the window. It's hard enough for me to write a paper when I am in a good mood, but after I found out my grades I was less than happy by far. I don't know what's going on, but I am not happy about it. Anyway, I talked to some people in studio for a while before going to meet my group before class and discuss our questions for the day. Then we had class, and after class I went to lunch. After lunch Diego was watching a movie in the student lounge and he asked if I wanted to watch with him, so I watched the second half of The Big Labowsy with him and a few other people that staggered in out of curiosity. after the movie it was pretty much time to leave for my stone carving class so I went upstairs and dressed as necessary to go outside, grabbed my mp3 player and headed downstairs to find anyone else in the class and find out how we were getting there. Well I ran into Jon, who hadn't seen anyone and we thought we might have been left behind so we decided to start walking that way. About 15 minutes later we got there and discovered that no one else was to be found but the prof and we ended up being first. So I sat down and jammed away while chipping at the stone and just kind of trying to get the feel of this stone carving thing. After I while I started to really get into it and worked on a few different things. Well I was starting to get a little more confident that I might be able to do this after all and decided to start on a small project to see where my limitations were. Well I don't know exactly how I did it, but about 15 minutes into my new little project my chisel wasn't working anymore. So I blew away the dust and inspected my tool to find that the tip of it had exploded of sorts and was extremely blunt and contorted. Laughing I showed the guys next to me who were equally as dumbfounded and then I went to show the prof. He got a really weird look on his face and chuckled in a weird way and a few minutes later got me a new one. So I continued working a little longer until it was time to leave so then we started our hike back up the mountain. Well the sun had started sinking below the clouds and the horizon and it was freaking cold. I mean the coldest I've been here yet. By the time we got back to the center my nose, fingers, and toes were all numb, stiff and hurting and I had a killer headache like I've never felt before. So I hung out around the radiator and ran my hands under some warm water until I finally warmed up a little. I went downstairs to check my mail just for grins and heard that our studio was meeting at 6:30. So a little later I went to studio and we did some rearranging of the room in preparation for our new project and then we went to dinner. After dinner I participated in a study that some girl from a local college was doing about the cartoon Futurama which I love anyway. So we watched an episode of that and then filled out a survey. After that I didn't have much to do so I bummed around a bit, talked to a few different people, then decided to get online for the night. I ended up talking to JereBeth about her apartment options and what she had found out, etc, etc. And throughout the course of talking to her and Jon who was on his laptop sitting next to me I started feeling really bad about how screwed I was getting in the way of our lease for me and the 3 guys I was going to live with. So I ended up talking to them a little and in the end they told me they understood if I needed to back out because of the money and I said I didn't know for sure, but I needed to talk to my parents and stuff. Then I talked to my parents for a while and then to JereBeth a little before going to bed for the night... And pretty late at that all the while having to get up for a field trip the next day. Joy.

_________________________________________________

23Feb2005 - Wednesday

So I wake up as my roommate gets out of the shower and ask him what time it is. He tells me 7:30. I ask what time we have to be at the bus. 8:30. I laugh and say they left me enough time for a shower and roll out of bed. He says yeah, but good luck because its warmish verging on cold so I say forget it and start to get dressed with him. I'm really tired of taking ice cold showers before field trips and it ruining my day. I don't know what the deal is here but they don't have hot water until after 8 or 9. Anyway were talking and I wonder out loud how cold it is and he says he doesn't know. He goes to the bathroom to do his hair and I go to the window. 2 seconds later he hears me screaming and runs to see what the commotion is... It's a freaking blizzard outside! You wouldn't believe the snow coming down. I never seen anything like it being that I'm from Texas and haven't really been around snow ever. So we start grumbling and joking and getting dressed much warmer for our field trip in the blizzard and decide to head downstairs for breakfast. On the way some guy from k-state I think, I don't know everyone by any means, tells us the field trip is cancelled and so now were really grumbling because we could still be sleeping... So we go downstairs and I talk to Marcell and find out what all is going on. They had decided to cancel it based on the weather and do Thursday classes instead. So I talked to some people and got online for a bit, and then played spades with some people because no one had class till 9:30. So then I talked to a few more people and ran into my professor for my 11:15 class and checked with him to make sure it was on. He said yes, so I decided to go take a nap. I found my roommates already sleeping so joined them eagerly. Got up for class and after class went to lunch. After lunch went and took another nap before studio. Got up for studio and went to it and did that until dinner time. Went to dinner and then came in here to check my mail and update my journal. So tomorrow we are supposed to have the field trip to Assisi I guess we'll see what the weather is like and what happens for sure. Now its getting close to 10 so I just might take a shower tonight and then turn in early and get some good sleep hopefully. Miss and love you all, ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home